Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Apple Cheddar Soup

I took a {cooking challenge} hiatus last week due to my trip to Nashville.  It was a nice break to go out most nights in TN for dinner, but I did miss my kitchen. Is that weird? 

This week I made a soup for my MIL's birthday.  
Doesn't that sound just lovely?
Soup season is here, one of my favorite things about Fall.

Perfectly sweet and salty at the same time. Try it, I promise you'll love it.

I paired this soup with bread and a green salad. I tossed the salad with my new favorite vinaigrette. 

Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette  
(note: I "threw" together this dresssing, so amounts are approximate)

2 tablespoons of dijon mustard
juice of one lemon
a few tablespoons of water
1/4 cup of olive oil
salt n' peppa

___________________________________________

Do you have an EASY but oh so yummy salad vinaigrette that you love?  
Newman's Own ain't cuttin' it anymore.

No comments: