Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Old windows

Confession
I  have an obsession with old windows.

As I cause a traffic jamb on the side of the road, shoving them in the back of my jeep, I feel giddy with the possibilities.  Even though most of them collect in my shed, much to my husbands dismay, I do eventually use them when I feel inspired.  Here is proof that it's totally worth the honks and evil stares from those cranky drivers.  

Sunflower wallpaper applied with decoupage

My feeble attempt at stained glass

Whimsical wallpaper for laundry room

Freehand attempt of stained glass with lead paint

In the Summer, I did a u-turn for this beauty!  What to do with this one?!?  I have a vision to put it above my fireplace once I get sick of my botanical prints.  Not sure when that will be though.

I'm in love with this HUGE window!

So as this amazing window sits in the shed for the winter, I decided to get my hands on a smaller window that is just too cute for words.  No picture of that because my shed is too embarrassing to show you all, but this is what I hope to create with my next 'trash to treasure'.


Now, mine will be a bit different.  I hope to remove the glass panes and put mesh or screen on the entire back for my ever growing collection of earrings.  I haven't decided if I will do a shelf of not, we will see how ambitious I get.  Look for photos of this project soon, but not too soon :)

______________________________________

Do any of my fantastic readers have other creative ideas for old windows?  
I would love to hear!


1 comment:

Tanya said...

I think old windows are so pretty. I only have one, it has mirrors in it, I love it!