Monday, March 14, 2011

my baby's 8....

The baby I am referring to is my precious pup Maisey (also responds to Lou Lou, Rooster, Tooters, Tati-Noo, Boonie....). Yes we are those crazy people that have 10 million nicknames for our dog.  This is why when choosing a name for our actual baby, the nickname is also something to consider since he/she will rarely be called by their full name.  Anyways, yesterday was Lou Lou's 8th birthday.  I caught myself saying "where did the time go", "she has grown up too fast", "it was just yesterday that we got her"....


It has gone faster for us because we did miss a year and half of her life, which was not a pleasant one due to abuse from the previous owner. She came to us with a grateful heart ready to love. The only disadvantage to adopting a dog as an adult is missing those beginning years but I would have it no other way.  I would skip those puppy days every day, if it means we are providing a home for a dog that needs love.
I will stop preaching about adoption, most of you know where I stand. ADOPT, DON'T SHOP! Okay, now I will really stop. 

We celebrated Maisey's birthday with her favorite treat of all time, peanut butter.  Then we finished up the day with her favorite activity, a car ride.  Unfortunately it was a bit too chilly to open the sun roof for her to peak her little head out. Come on spring, we are ready for ya!

Happy 8th Birthday Rooster, we love you more everyday!

desperately trying to get every last bit of peanut butter.

4 comments:

Tanya said...

Awww, happy birthday to Maisey! So funny our dogs have a bunch of nicknames too, lol! We have three fur babies 13,3, and our recently adopted baby will ge 2 in 2 days. :D

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

These pictures are pricesless I was smiling Maisey is so sweet:)((((Hugs))))Darcy

Alesia said...

You definately have the best photos to go with your blogs.
They always make me chuckle.
Happy Birthday to Lou Lou!!

Jane said...

Happy Birthday Maisey! Augie had his peanut butter jar last night after his bath...so I guess he was really celebrating with her!