As most of you know, I am having my first baby around June 22nd. I can't even imagine how life will change once baby comes, I have a small idea, but I am not putting any crazy superwoman expectations on myself. So you ask....what does this mean for Magpie Designz?
Answers to your common questions:
- I plan on leaving my shop open during my "maternity leave". Yes, I know....pretty insane, BUT, I have hired help for the studio.
- However, even with this help, the production time will go from 2-3 weeks to 4-6 weeks. This extended time will give me the flexibility to adjust to my new life while juggling a thriving business.
- The extended production time will start at the beginning of June. I do not have a specific date in mind yet. It all depends on my comfort level as I get closer and closer to my due date. You will see an announcement on my home page letting you know of the extension. You will also have a 'terms and conditions' to check before you submit your order, agreeing that you understand the new terms.
- This means that YOU need to plan ahead and order your jewelry now!
- This also means that if you order in June, you need to be patient. Do not expect your jewelry right away. It may get there fast, it may not. Pretty PLEASE do not ask for a rush on your jewelry or to have it by a certain date. I cannot make any promises.
- The quality and standards of Magpie jewelry will remain the same. I take great pride in my work and will not send out anything that does not reflect my high standards.
- I should be up and running at full speed in the Fall, just in time for the Holiday rush. I will be back to 2-3 week production at this time.
Did I miss anything? Leave me a comment if you have a question about Magpie Designz during this transition. Thank you for supporting my business. You all give me the opportunity to work from home, create jewelry that is special and meaningful for you while being a new mom. I am forever grateful for your support and patience as I adjust to this new life. Five weeks to go!