Wednesday, September 1, 2010

oh how i love you september

well, it doesn't really feel like fall here in new england.  it's in the 90's and humid. we got a tease with the fall temperatures last week.  so now i am craving every little piece of the harvest season.


there are SO many reasons why fall is my favorite season.  
*
crisp walks at night with my pup and hubby
apple picking
"fallerizing" the house (more to come on this)
baking this spice cake {thank you Dina for the recipe}
wearing my flats and scarves again
pumpkin pancakes
 skirts and my leather boots
sleeping with the windows open
starbuck's pumpkin spice latte
the smell of fallen leaves
*
and pumpkin beer. 
I found one that i LOVE...and it's $6 a case from trader joe's.  the reviews are so-so but who cares.  my hubby gagged when he sipped it but he is a beer snob.  i just love the deep pumpkin flavor.  is it 5:00 yet?


bring on the harvest season. 
fall is too short but i will make sure to enjoy it to the fullest. 
oh and i will be drinking lots of beer.  no i am not an alcoholic.

-------------------------------

what are you looking forward to this fall?




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, now I'm looking forward to that beer haha

and cozy sweaters and tall boots :D

a.dahlstrom said...

My Wedding :) I can't wait!

Unknown said...

Picking apples.
Yes, sleeping with the windows open.
Pumpkin everything. Yes, everything.
Raking leaves. Yes, raking.
Pumpkin choco chip muffins.
Scarves.
Hayrides.
Pumpkin beer.
The smell of wet leaves.
The Big E.

Eric said...

September and October are two favorites. I will look for that beer as pumpkin beers are one of my faves.

And as Meredith said "sleeping with the windows open."

Great post!

jenniegrubb said...

I totally get it! Heading out to Terrapin Pumpkinfest beer release tonight in Durham, NC! :)